[Dailydrool] explanation

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 03:54:07 PDT 2010

 Momperson here I think I should explain Nigel's post. We have been without
electricity since Wednesday. I went downtown and had a delightful time
having lunch with Synthia Ross and when I came home we had a tornado. I am
not equating the two in any way.

The tornado missed us but did nasty things to the train station and a strip
mall a few blocks from here walking and a spit away by the crow's flight. Of
course it also took our electricity when it left.
(No I did not see it. It took them 2 days to decide it really was a tornado
even tho one was seen.) The worst thing to me about not having electricity
(aside from losing about $500 worth of food) was not knowing what was going
on. So I bought a hand=held police scanner (my other is electric).

I also went to Border's and got something to read, and let the dogs in and
out and did a deep cleaning on both the now empty refrigferator and the big
chest freezer. The latter we cleaned ysterday after the power returned. What
mess!!
The dogs were happier, however, with their fans back and the lights on and
everything. So are we! Today is supposed to be very hot and humid. I have
dog shows but am not going-- too hot, too humid and I am too tired. (and no
points.)
I would NOT have been a good pioneer.
I would have been one of the "girls" in the saloon.
With my faithful bunch of Hounds.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper who are glad to have their
fans and a/c back. (City dudes, all of them.)