[Dailydrool] Bathing

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 17:21:12 PDT 2010

My first dog (Jake non basset) hated baths but Flash never really minded.  He likes to drink the water which is awful so I put a clean bowl in there so he just drinks the clean water or from the faucet as I bathe him.  Now my other non-basset Ryu hates baths but if I lead him in on a leash he will go.  I had this (link below) for my first dog and it helps so much with tub escapes.

http://www.petedge.com/product/Grooming/Grooming-Supplies/Restraints/Top-Performance-Suction-Cup/pc/190/c/213/sc/355/45483.uts

I can even stand up to get a towel.  Also this year for Christmas they got super absorbant towels from their grandmother which helps the ensuing mess after the bath a little better.

And every other bathing time or so I treat myself (and save my back) and they go to PetSmart to get bathed and tip the bathers since it's a dirty job and I don't want to do it :)

Laura
Flash (Freshly bathed after getting a hot spot while boarding)
and Ryu (Mommy is being nice and letting me off the hook.... for now)