[Dailydrool] Remembering

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sun Jun 27 13:31:32 PDT 2010

Momma here, and oh my gosh is it hot. The houndage is sprawled all over the place, soaking up the a/c, and fans. I told them all they need to get jobs to help pay the electric bill from all this heat--which of course was ignored.
This morning I went to the farm stand and bought some wonderful corn on the cob. Here I was out in the kitchen, shucking corn, and suddenly it occured to me that this is the first time we have had corn and Ol Bob wasn't here to help us eat it. Yes-I know corn is not good for dogs-but Ol Bob demanded his ear of corn. He loved it as much as he did ice cream. Ol Bob would get so excited when he seen corn, he was first at the table, he always knew I had a ear just for him. I would hold a ear on each end, and Ol Bob would nibble a straight line down the cob, and return and do it all again until it was gone. He knew exactly how hard to bite into it, and he always reminded me of a old fashioned typewriter, and we would laugh as he buzzed the cob clean. He was quite a hound.
Remembering our hounds that shared our lives for so many years-simple things we do that bring back memories-sure does hit you in the gut, but also puts a smile on my face.

Drool to all in need--

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake