[Dailydrool] Baths

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 11:27:03 PDT 2010

Baths at my house go like this in the summer:

1. Grab 3 buckets
2. Fill 1/2 of each bucket with hot water and 1/2 with cold
3. Test tempature of each bucket to ensure right warmth
3. Grab shampoo, scrubber, and towels
4. Strech out legs
5. Ask which victim would like to go first (usually Speedy)
6. Begin chase around the yard.
7. Grab whoever's collar you grab frist
8. First victim decides to go flat basset or flat Shar Pei
9. Lift victim and place between buckets with you blocking remaining opened spot.
10. Bathe and dry and begin steps 1 -10 again with next victim.

Steps 8 - 10 vary a little with dog. Speedy reluctently gives up after he is wet and will pout the entire time of scrubing and rinsing. Looking at me pathecticly the entire time. Rambo will tug and tug and tug until he has been tugged out. I usually have to put him in between my legs whilst I scrub.

In the winter steps 3 to 10 apply but instead of buckets we use the bathtub which requires more lifting on my part.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo