[Dailydrool] Pet odors

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Jun 1 11:08:06 PDT 2010

<<It was recommended to me to use Nature's Miracle pet odor eliminator.
Actually my mother has used it where her last dog who was sick with cancer
peed and swears by it. She buys it at PetSmart and has used it on her area
rugs. It's worth a try. I have a friend who is a professional pet sitter and
she told me that all her clients use that as well and all say it works. In
fact, I will be trying some soon myself.>>

I know this is the easiest one to get, but this is the one brand I avoid at
all costs. Until it dries, it makes the house smell even more like pee, in
my opinion. (Once it dries, it's fine, but I just can't take the extra smell
for that long.) The one I like best, Get Serious, is unfortunately the most
expensive I've found and rather hard to find. But there are other brands
that work well and do not make the house so stinky. I am currently using the
Petco brand, which works just fine.

Belvedere has much improved with his peeing problems, so I no longer have to
deal with two dogs who wet down the floors. But Abner lost much of his
control after his back surgery and often makes huge puddles.  I can't use a
bellyband on him because it would hit him at just the point where his back
is bad. Maybe we have worse peeing problems than most folks, but to my mind,
the Nature's Miracle is no miracle at all.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets