[Dailydrool] Dodger Blues Story

Lee Grant leegrant at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 2 12:13:03 PDT 2010

Hello All,

We wanted to thank everyone for their kind words to us over our loss of Dodger Blue. I wanted to tell is story...
In July of 1998 fellow Drooler Cathy Burlew posted that there was a basset boy at the Wayne County Animal Shelter in Lyons, NY. At that time we had Blossom and Daisy and wanted to get a rescue. We drove out to meet him and he was the cutest thing we ever saw, all 35 pounds of him. He was barking and howling and drooling. We adopted him on the spot. He was approximately 2 years old and very underweight. He checked out fine with the vet and was accepted by Blossom and Daisy as their new brother. I named him after my favorite sports team (L.A. Dodgers). He was all little boy, watering the plants and hunting in the back yard. He especially liked to hunt snakes with his sister Blossom. Though the years he has Boardwaddled, Misgun waddled, Bussled in Ontario, Rambled in Maryland and went twice to the Nationals in Gettysburg. Dodger could work a room and charm the pants (or hotdog) off of anyone. When he was younger he was quite the athlete. He could counter cruise with the best of them. He was my constant companion in my home office, usually under my desk or just outside my office door. He loved to be with his people and would wait for us to return by sitting on the arm of a love seat and look out the front window. He last act was to start the training of his two new brothers Biscuit and Rugie. As first he wasn't too sure what to make of them, but he warmed up to them and spent the last two months of his life playing with them. He would even let Rugie jump on him. It was wonderful to see my little guy acting like a pup again for just a little while longer. I miss him terribly but I know he is healthy and having fun at the Bridge. His ashes are on my desk with me and will remain here as that this is where he would want to be.

Again, thanks for all the kind thoughts,

Lee and Reenie Grant
Biscuit and Rugie

Lee Grant
Microsoft Corporation
Technical Solution Professional - High Performance Computing
Phone: 585-208-5218
email: leegrant at microsoft.com<mailto:leegrant at microsoft.com>
http://www.microsoft.com/hpc