[Dailydrool] Stopping Oncoming Animals

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Jun 2 13:58:33 PDT 2010

Momma here, needing to make a suggestion on stopping oncoming animals when out on walks ect.
Several years ago on drool it was posted about a item called the Dazer II as a effective, non harmful, "pest deterrent". Well I bought one, and it is a bit larger than a garage door opener that has a clip and I just put it on my pants and off I go. It gives off a high pitched sound only heard by animals. I had to put it to the test last year as Brudder Elwood was charged by a pittbull as the owners watched and did nothing. The Dazer took down the pittbull and it ran back across the street-but here it came yet again-yes the owners were still watching-I was screaming at the top of my lungs-I pointed it at the offensive dog and hit the button again, The pittbull stopped dead in its tracks.
Yes Elwood heard the sound also, and thankfully Elwood is a lover, not a fighter, as if he were snapping and snarling it would of made the situation worse, but the Dazer also would of stopped both dogs--
I carry it every time I walk the hounds and have not had to use it since, thankfully, but it sure has my vote. It kept us safe. I ordered it on line, seems it ran about 25.00.  Loose dogs are always a issue, no matter what breed, and even if you are walking with no leash in your hand, this is a handy item to have just in case.
Hope this might help--

Drool to all in need--

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,