[Dailydrool] Mariah ATB

Marie28443 at aol.com Marie28443 at aol.com
Thu Jun 3 21:06:00 PDT 2010

Dawn of the West (Daphneyland) asked me today to  post her email of June
1st for the Daily Drool family to read.  As you read  this, please keep in
mind that Mariah went To The Bridge yesterday, June  2nd.

Marie

Let me address the  Mariah issue as many had no idea....
It's so hard and I have not been able to  talk about it much, but it's time
to talk - or maybe I just need to be able  to write it out.......most
likely
a tear warning, so be forewarned. I never  know where these writings will
take me as I write from the heart, but I have  tears which is a fairly good
sign that many reading this will cry along with  me.

Mariah is my personal hound. Old timers knew her as I adopted her so  long
ago, after huge fires in the Ojai/Fillmore area found her as a puppy
sitting in the middle of a highway over ran with fire in 2002. A good
samaritan
fireman literally drove his truck thru flame to scoop her up and  he took
her
home and looked for her family.
He of course couldn't find  the family and after a month I got email here
that she was a "ruined dog".  Slept on the couch, stole food and knocked
over
garbage cans - lol. She was  a pup. For us hound people, we laugh at these
antics - for non-scent hound  dog people sometimes it's not so cute. I have
remained friends with them to  this day!

Mariah was named by a youth volunteer - Tiare. She was named  after
Tiare's best friend - Mariah.
The irony of this is that the Mariah  she was named after is non other than
Tia (Villalobos)' daughter - and Tia  is and has been a friend of many
years. You've seen Mariah the human on  Pitbull's & Parollee's if your an
Animal Planet person. Anyway, Tiare  fell in love with this pup and wanted
adopt her - but her mother would  not allow Mariah to live in the house.
The
simple solution was that I  adopted her, and she lived here and Tiare got
sleep over and spend time  with her special girl.

Mariah has been a healthy, healthy girl with the  exception of allergies
for
all of her life. Running the ranch has been her  greatest joy and she ran
like the wind she is named for. Even now she puts  her head high and tail
blazing she flaps those ears at a snails pace - my  girl.
Last summer she had a tumor open on her rear end - a hot spot that she
chewed down to and caused an unknown cyst to burst and rupture and required

emergency surgery. Dr. Kim removed a very strange mass from her rear that
had been hidden in the dermis. Strange, strange. Pathology really did not
specify what it could be - but it did not look cancerous.
Evidently it  was. Or perhaps it's completely unrelated, one can never know
for  sure.

About 6 weeks ago, Mariah really started with runny stool, dietary  issues
and weight loss - unexplained.
Meds were started, diet issues  addressed and some good days, and some bad
days and the weight loss  increased.
It's cancer - but what kind no one knows. I've tried all the  tricks and
voodoo, meds and ideas we can think of - no, chemo is not an  option. And
so
the day is fast approaching where I shall have to hold my  little girl, and
send her to be with her big brother Barnaby who left last  year - so many
of
her friends now at the bridge.
She gets what she wants  - whatever I can think of and she'll eat. Her
tail wags and she wants  bellyrubs but we're being very gentle. And we
snuggle
- a lot. More than she  wants to right now I know, but I just need to hold
onto my baby girl for  another day - and it could be tomorrow - or the next
day.
I know there  are no miracles.
I will be completely devastated so I warn everyone in  advance, this
passing
is not an easy one - not that any of them ever are. To  have lost Barnaby
and Mariah a year apart - so many of our angels at the  bridge. I just want
to hold on forever, and that's not the right thing to do  for her.
Her day is fast approaching and for those who have emailed in total  shock
-
I apologize.
It's been very hard. This is the first time I have  talked about it at all.

Look up at those amazing stars - and think good  thoughts for my baby girl
Mariah. Ask for there to be a gentle breeze to  catch her amazing ears as
she
wings her way from my arms to the rainbow  bridge.
She has stolen hearts all over the country - Marie, your hugs have  been
given and will continue to be given to the very end.

I may not  be emotional able to post her tribute after the fact - so I am
posting it  now.

Dawn of the West - owned by Mariah