[Dailydrool] Small Bragging, and House Plans

Kelly Jane Wilson chincoteaguegal at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 11:27:18 PDT 2010

Healing drool to all who need it.

In this week of such sadness, I hope you will indulge me in a small brag or two about the Wilson Gang. I had to go to San Antonio for an overnighter business trip. The petsitter only called once, to ask where the extra wee wee pads were. Not because the Gang was peeing all over the place, but because they had shredded the one I keep on a popular marking spot, tearing it all over the house! If that was the worst thing they did, I consider myself lucky. Of course, they did not make it easy for petsitter auntie Rebecca to get comfy on the couch.

Today I walked all four, the three Basset mixes and Buddy Brewster the Black Lab. A lady pulled over and told me how impressed she was with the dogs, that she walked her three and they were all out of control. Asked if I was a trainer. I just gave her some of my favorite Victoria Stillwell tips and recommended Stillwell's book to her. Showed her the magic of the plastic bag full of training treats. Told her that in a previous life, the dogs would have been barking and jumping on her SUV and generally carrying on. Instead, Myrtle was laying down, Buddy was looking down the street, and Gigi and Low Bed were hoping for more treats.

Maggie, great to hear about the new house plans. I remember a couple years ago there was a good thread about making a new house Basset friendly. I remember Elizabeth had some good ideas. Maybe I just remember Elizabeth's ideas because her Elsinore and young Charlie are the Wilson Gang's favorite play date.

Take care, all.
Kelly Jane and the Wilson Gang