[Dailydrool] To all the hounds loved before

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri Jun 4 14:18:07 PDT 2010

Happy Birthday Louie.  You are one lucky hound to have such a loving
family that are going the extra mile to make your 13th Birthday so
special.  I will give the boys some Nutty Monkey ice cream tomorrow to
help you celebrate your birthday.

Dawn of the West you were correct...I cried right along with you...but I
do with each and every hound that I read about that has made their
journey to the bridge.  I have had the great pleasure of being owned by
many hounds, and the unfortunate task of seeing or assisting many to the
bridge. And with each hound it gets harder and harder to do. I think
that as I age and grow a little wiser I realize how much those hounds
mean to me and became more attached to each consecutive hound. With age
and wisdom comes an appreciation for the finer, simpler things in
life...like the unconditional love of a hound. (and their goofy,
stubborn, sweetness) When Wolfie and Storm both left for the bridge 3
weeks apart from each other I thought I would die of a broken heart or
go stark raving mad in an all too quiet house.  I didn't think that I
could go through the loss of another furkid.  But of course then Colt
and Ruger entered my life and I realized once again that the pain of
losing a hound was worth it for the amount of love that I was given in
their too short life time. And maybe that is why their lives are so
short...they love to much and burns their life force up to quickly.  So
to all of the hounds that I have been owned by & loved before, I loved
and still do love & miss each and every one of you. All of you taught me
valuable lessons throughout our lives together. I look forward to the
day when we will all be together running in one large basset hound pack.

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt & Ruger
Droopy, Snoopy, BoSarah, Princess, Shadow, Comanche, Storm & Wolfgang.
My ATB pack.