[Dailydrool] Re; Doggie Beds

Ruth Beattie ruthie4042 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 14:10:44 PDT 2010

First, thank you to all who responded to my inquiry about raised doggie
beds,  I got a lot of ideas.  I didn't have a chance to act on anything
yet,  as I had an episode of congestive heart failure last Monday and ended
up in the hospital fior several days.  It turns out that I have developed
diabetic kidney disease as a result of the diabetes.

To make this basset related, my lilltle girl was very shy with the firemen
and paramedics.  She huddled next to me and even growled a little.  One
fireman said, "Look, it's a dog like the one in Smokey and the Bandit!"
LOL  However I had hell to pay for, she peed in the house and got into the
bathroom garbage.  When I got home on Friday, she barked and cried until I
got in the house and sat dow
n.  She clung to me like static and whined softly to me, even more so than
I've ever heard her do.

This is what makes the next part of my post so difficult.  While I was in
the hospital, my two sisters talked to me about Ms Beasley.  They say that I
have enough to do just trying to take care of myself, let alone a dog, then
they suggested I give her up,  "Can't some rescue people take her?' my
sister Pat said.  I immediately told them NO NO NO.  I promised Mary as she
was dying that I would always care for Ms Beasley and I do a pretty good job
at it.  My younger sister is a control freak and if she can't call the
shots,she's a holy terror.  Well, I'm going to fight her tooth and nail over
this, as long as I can stand and walk, I'll take care of my Ms Beasley.

Sorry this is long and maybe boring to some, but I know my DD friends will
understand.

Take Care and doG Bless,
Ruthie Beattie &
Ms Beasley Ann  (Mama, I lubs you)