[Dailydrool] Young Charlie has yucky urine

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Tue Jun 8 13:24:33 PDT 2010

Well, young Charlie's vet called today to say his low blood sugar
could be due to processing problems on their end, not Charlie's, but
other causes shouldn't be ruled out. Of equal interest to the vet is
Charlie's urine, which has "a lot of junk in it." It could be the
catch wasn't clean, or it could be Charlie's bladder isn't. We can
either treat him for a low-grade UTI or we can spend another $100 to
have the vet stick a needle into his bladder and get a sterile catch
to culture. So, guess what we're going to do, and it's going to
thrill Charlie to pieces to find out who's going to stick what where
this time! But I don't see any point in throwing antibiotics at
something that may not even exist, and I'm a huge fan of targeting an
infection with the correct antibiotic for that infection, not taking
a hit-or-miss approach with a general antibiotic. We continue to wait
on the results of the thyroid panel. Charlie seems to be feeling
better right now; he played with and chased our Elsinore some last
night. But there's no telling how long he'll be feeling like this. It
lasted only a couple of days the last time.

Elizabeth