[Dailydrool] tail wag and a barking question

Barbara Rocheleau brocheleau at snet.net
Tue Jun 8 12:05:43 PDT 2010

Here's the tail wag report from Connecticut...
Layla usually wags hers from side to side.   Then she gets too excited and the whole hip area starts going and then she tips her head down then throws it up and before you know it she looks like a bucking bronco!  She is just so excited!  When she is lying on the couch and hears or sees you, it thuds a mile a minute on the couch.  She is a happy girl!

Opie on the other hand (my Katrina rescue) is very reserved when he wags his tail.  It goes side to side, but very low. He is happy but cautious!.

I also have a question for all of  you knowledgeable (sp?) people.  After we are eating dinner and still sitting at the table.  Opie will start barking until I have cleared the table.   doG forbid we sit and talk and relax!  He has the deepest bark!  I know he is waiting to see if he gets anything. We do not feed him from the table, and maybe I will give him something in his bowl while I clear.  I have not been giving him any scraps trying to get him to stop, and I scold him, but nothing seems to work.  I will take any advice anyone has!!

Thank you so much!
Barbara mom to Layla (sitting pretty and waiting quietly) and Opie (the barker!!)