[Dailydrool] Tail Wagging

Kathleen Lewis Kathleen.Lewis at Foxsports.net
Tue Jun 8 21:28:32 PDT 2010

Hey All,

Long time no post, but this is Kat, mom to Oswald.  I just read Katie's
post about tail wagging in a circle versus back and forth.  Oz wags his
tail in a circle every time he gets really excited...we call it his
helicopter tail and I was always wondering if this was a common basset
hound trait too.  I've never had another dog who did that, but have also
never been owned by a basset before Oz.  It cracks the DH and I up every
single time though...it's almost as funny as when he does a back flop
and then wriggles around on the floor, belly-up (we call that his Stevie
Wonder impersonation)...Oh what strange, wonderful creatures bassets
are!

--Kat and Oz