[Dailydrool] To Henry's Momperson

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 9 18:43:05 PDT 2010

Hi Maureen,  I did not want to post on the housetraining thread because I have not managed to housebreak any of my bassets.  Buttercup will be outside sunning herselve on the deck for 2 hours and come and an pee.  I have caught her in interrupt her countless time ane escorted her outside, praise outside efforts and still, no luck.  I believe this is due to the fact the the hallway floorboards were saturated with urine from fomer dogs now ATB.  Dispite nagging DH did not get around to pulling the rug.  No amount of steam cleaning seemed to last more than a few days.  We finally got it up and now have some unsatifactory vinyl tiles that are somewhat slippery.  We put dowm bath rugs and wash them frequently.  Buttercup is 3 and shows no sign of going outside unless we happen to be on a walk or on the yard.  I am getting a few ideas from your plight myself.  Do not be discourage by my failure, Henry sounds likes he is nearly there.  Sometime they go outside when encouraged but if it is raining, forget it.  Someday if I ever win the lottery or a sweepstakes I will get the eintire fllor surface doen in either slate or a wood look vinyl.  Is slate slippery?