[Dailydrool] Maureen and Henry and buppies

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 9 18:58:25 PDT 2010

I definitely understand where you are coming from Maureen, when you have
little kids running around you want to be as sure as you can be that any new
dog is kid-friendly.  I'm in a similar situation, we have cats, that's why
I've always worked with rescues.  A dog can kill a cat in a couple of
seconds, and it is really, really awful to see.  Plus I definitely don't
want to have to deal with puppy issues like potty-training and furniture
chewing and shoe eating, general cussedness and destruction, etc.!!  The
good rescues have their dogs in foster homes so the fosters can watch and
test and find out the likes and dislikes and personality patterns of the
dogs, they definitely want a home placement to work out for everyone,
including the dog, and no one wants a kid hurt or another family pet hurt or
killed.  If you ever decide to add another dog for company for Henry, check
out a good local rescue, they get puppies in from time to time, too.  The
girls send lub and kissies to you and Henry and the kiddos, and they hope
Henry stops peeing in the house real soon!

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net