[Dailydrool] Potty Habits and a New Quirk

Kelly Jane Wilson chincoteaguegal at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 05:47:24 PDT 2010

The Wilson Gang is not 100 percent reliable in the housetraining department, but at least they're a little bit selective. The Dallas house has hardwood floors. The Gang does not have accidents in Dallas very often. I keep a weewee pad on a favorite marking spot. I suspect one of the boys marking this spot at the corner of a chair. The Nashville house is carpeted, and the carpet is well marked. The Gang piddles in the Nashville house on the carpet on a regular basis. I don't know who does the wetting. I suspect one of the girls. I think hardwood floors are next on the list for the Nashville house. At least they're a lot easier to clean than carpeting.

FYI, three of the Gang are about 11, and Gigi the baby is about 4.

Then there are the issues that have nothing to do with potty training but with age. When we still had Barney the Chocolate Lab (ATB last September), he eventually lost some control and would poop in his sleep. It was like having a newborn for two years. I got up every couple hours to clean up after him. The smell would wake me up.

Mary Myrtle has a new quirk and I am not sure how to ease her unease. When we get ready for a walk, Low Bed and Gigi start barking happily. Buddy Brewster the Black Lab positively erupts and starts galloping around the house, knocking things over, slipping and sliding and falling down on the hardwood floors. When this spectacle begins, Myrtle goes and hides and acts like she's in trouble. I try to tell her everything is OK and she's not in trouble. Once I get her leash on, she is happy, but I get sad seeing her think she's in trouble. What would Stillwell do? I better get the treat bag out and give Myrtle a couple before I start the leashing process. And work on self control issues with Buddy Brewster.

Drool to all who need it.
Kelly Jane and the Wilson Gang