[Dailydrool] Pimples/Acne & Where the hounds come from

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sat Jun 12 10:22:17 PDT 2010

If the pimples/acne is caused by a yeast infection then Chlorahexiderm will help. You can use a straight chlorahexiderm solution and use a cholahexiderm compress or wash on the muzzle.  If it is all over the hound then use a chlorahexiderm shampoo.  Bathe the hound in a good cleansing shampoo, rinse and then bathe using the chlorahexiderm shampoo.  Leave the shampoo on the hound for 10 minutes and rinse.  You can get the Chlorahexiderm shampoo from the vet or Dr. Fosters and Smith...as for the solution you might have to go to the vet for it.  But the Chlorahexiderm solution is good to keep on hand for cleaning out wounds or as a dental rinse.

Linda, That was an awesome video of Elvis going to hunting camp.   So many beautiful hounds.  I would love to take the boys to hunting camp!!! Thank you for sharing that video clip.

Toebone healing drool to Angelanne.  We hope that your foot heals fast and you are back up and running around soon.

Jackie and Jim we are so sorry that you  had to assist  Henry to the bridge.  As a medic and former vet tech I can promise you that yo did the right thing.  My Storm ATB had kidney failure.  And bone cancer is very painful.  Please take comfort in the fact that Henry is now pain free and is young, healthy and a happy hound running around the bridge playing and eating from the great buffet.  Blessed be sweet Henry slaves, may Henry live forever in the magic of your memories.

Chris & Karen, I loved your response on where we get our hounds from. It is soo very true. I have had bassets almost my entire life. My first dog was a mutt that my Mom got me when I was very little from a lady that she worked with that her dog ended up pregnant by accident...(or sheer will power of the dogs) then it was a St. Bernard, then my basset Droopy who was found waddeling along the river, no tags, no collar. My aunt brought her to me because my St. Bernard went to a farmer who had lots of land for her to play on, we lived in town and had to keep her in a fsmall fenced area because the neighbors were scared of her...not a good life so we rescued her by giving her to a  local farmer. My next couple of bassets and bagel came from being found, or them finding us (showing up in our yard). Shadow ATB came from a family that wanted to breed their female one time before spaying her and neutering the male.  Comanche ATB came from a family that was giving him up due to a new baby coming into their life. Princess came from Comanche & Shadow because yep I breed them becasue I had several good people wanting basset buppies. I tried to be a responsible breeder and had both hounds cleared by a vet and I had AKC papers on both of them.  I interrogated all potential owners.   Storm ATB was a pet store buppy.  In my mind I was rescueing him, I wanted to take his sister too but just didn't have the money...but she was a cute lively girl and I knew someone would take her soon., I just prayed that she went to a good family. Storm was a sterotypical basset. If breathing wasn't neccessary he wouldn't have done it.  Wolfgang ATB came to me when Storm and Princess were breed, again becasue I had good people asking me for a buppy. At the time I thought that I was helping bring the joy of being owned by a basset to other good people that deserved the pleasure of being owned and loved as much as me. Colt and Ruger came to me after Storm and Wolfgang went to the bridge within 3 weeks of each other.  I did look into some of the local rescues websites, but their was no buppies available at the time...I wanted another hound, NOW,  and I wanted buppies because I had raised the FAB 5 from puppies to bridge... and the empty house was driving me mad! I was sitting in my office and one of my co-workes says "hey here is an ad in the Air Force Base' paaper for basset bups" So the now DH and I drove about an hour and a half, to check them out, to a little country town and down a long dirt road...my first thought was o'crap a puppy mill...I will die!!! .  I was impressed with their set-up, very clean home and loving couple who breed 1 basset a year and 1 boston terrier a year.  You could tell that they loved and cared about thier dogs. They interrogated us like I interrogated my potential buppy buyers.
Back when I was younger I didn't know about rescues, puppy mills/pet shop dogs, etc.  I never knew about all the "throw away dogs" and that it was such a problem! I was a nieve country girl, who never dreamed that people were so irresponsible and raised dogs for money and didn't care about the dogs.  Who would do such a thing??? When I breed my dogs it was not for the money...I only asked for enough money from each buppy that I sold to basically cover their shots & vet exam.  I loved having a litter of buppies around and loved the fact that I was helping to bring unconditional love into someone else's life.  So not all of us back yard breeders are bad people, just the love of the dogs and wanting to share that love with others has clouded our judgement.  But now I am a little older and wiser and with the help of TV, internet, and just being older and paying more attention to these things my eyes are now opened...Also the drool has educated me big time.  But the bottom line is however you came about your dogs, it is my belief that events (beyound your control) went into motion to bring you and your guardian angel into your life. Yep our dogs our guardian angels, and we are theirs.   (But they give 3 fold the love that we could ever give them) That it was just meant to be...and hopefully that we all learn, and grow with each hound that walks through our lives...no mattter how long or how short of time that they are with us.  And for some of us the question is, who rescued who?  Did you rescue the hound? or did the hound rescue you? Mine I would have to say rescued me.  They have taught me a lot, and got me through some tough time.  I would not be the person that I am today with out them.  They give me reason to believe in a God, and to keep me on the good path...they are my reason for working (to support them), and my reason to get up in the mornings, my shoulders to cry on, and the ones to make me laugh...every single day!  They do naughty things to keep us on our toes and to teach us patience and forgiveness, and to just live in the moment.  So all of you Droolers get off your butts and go hug those hounds and thank doG that he brought them into your life...no matter what road they took to get to you.

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers = Colt & Ruger
Women are Angels...And when someone breaks our wings..We simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...We are flexible like that...

P.S.  I want to thank the drool family for 1. given me a place to yap about my hounds both on earth and ATB...it is very thearaputic for me to remember the good times and even the sad times of them...A place to honor them and thier memory. 2. A place that I can attempt to help others with their hounds  ( I love to help folks & animals) and 3. A place that I can learn from others...because we all want whats best for our houndies.

Love and drool to all!