[Dailydrool] And then there were three....

Ross Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 12 12:46:25 PDT 2010

It's been a miserable couple of weeks. I just got home from taking Pearl to
meet her new family. They seem like wonderful people, they really do...but I
still don't like them for driving away with yet another piece of my heart. I
now have Bud, Zuma and Kahuna left with me.  I'm still not sure where I'm
going or when - I plan to head back West. My parents are only supposed to
have two dogs. I'm thinking we may be able to pretend Bud is stuffed, then I
can have both Kahuna and Zuma with me as well. Kahuna's breeder is prepared
to take him if needed, but I am really hoping to keep him if at all possible

The "for sale" sign is out in front of my house. We won't show it until I
get back from my trip to Chicago, as I don't want the pet sitter to worry
about that, but the realtor hopes to "build interest" and maybe have several
people set to come through once we start to show. Who knows, maybe we will
get lucky. I'm going to spruce up some paint. It needed it from before, the
previous owners hadn't done much, and the drool marks aren't coming off the
old flat paint well, so I'll do some quick painting this week. Along with
runs to Good Will and the dump. The less I need to store or move cross
country the better. There are some things I want to keep for sure, but most
I don't really care about. It's hard to care about much now, since the
hounds are all safe.

There isn't much drool left here, but we send what we have on to those who
need it.
Synthia, with not many bellies to rub at all,
Bud, Zuma, Kahuna

"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love ....they depart to teach us
about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart
 If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big."
~Erica Jong