[Dailydrool] BeBe update

Randee White randeewhite at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 17:22:58 PDT 2010

A little update on BeBe.  First let me say thank you so much to everyone who e-mailed me off list with suggestions and drool.  I appreciate all of it and I think it's working.  We started the prednisone Wednesday, so we are now a butt scooting, water inhaling,  pee machine.  I just spent cookie money on a crate pad that's supposed to absorb and "wick away"  urine for incontinent dogs.  Even with a diaper on, leaving her in the crate when I went to work during the day meant that at some point she was sitting in pee.  It didn't seem to matter what I used for a crate pad.  We'll see how this works.  It said "new and improved" on it so that means it works, right?  Hehehe.  We also have a sling that seems to work better than my homemade attempt.  It may be working better though because she seems better!  We went to the accupuncturist on Friday morning.  BeBe was quite laid back about the whole thing.  I think she just appreciated having 3
 people pay so much attention to her at the same time. A couple of hours after we got home, we went out to pee and you could see her actually try to squat and then raise herself back up.  She is no longer requiring me to actually hold her up, but will support her own weight if I position her legs correctly.  If she has pavement or grass under her rather than linoleum, she will try to walk.  She still wobbles and mostly scoots but we're headed back to the accupuncturist on Monday and then again the following Saturday so we'll see.  I wonder if the kids will mind me spending their food money on Bebe?  Ah well, I keep telling them they need to get out and get jobs for the summer.  Randee and BeBe (I wanna walk Mom)