[Dailydrool] thunderstorm/Thundershirt Report

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 17:32:01 PDT 2010

Ok I am now ready with my report on the Thundershirt.
WHOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!
It works, ladies and gents, it works.
Not perfectly, but quite well.
Without Benadryl ( I didn't want to screw up the observable results with
drugs) here is my report:
Thunderstorm of medium intensity, thunder directly overhead and fairly loud
only once did dog wearing Thundershirt attempt to crawl into my lap and then
he was content to stay on floor. Ok maybe not CONTENT, but he did.
At no time did I get the wild eyeball syndrome.
He looked concerned but not hysterical. No rolling, whites-of-the-eyeball
directed either out the window or at me.
Ears-- in this breed the ears are expressive and the closer the tips are
together the more excited the dog. A bitch in season makes ear tips touch.
Likewise, a bad storm.
Ears upright, tight but not touching. Obviously dog was concerned about
weather and thunder but not to the exclusion of all else.
Dog (ok, Cooper) actually LAID DOWN during beginning and end of storm, altho
he stayed close to me we were not touching-- in other words, no standing on
my chest dribbling hot saliva down my neck.
I really have to conclude that while it isn't perfect the Thundershirt does
make a big difference in the way that Cooper responds to thunder. Now this
storm was NOT at night. It is possible that during a nighttime stgorm when
he can see the lightning the shirt may not work as well, this still has to
be determined.
I paid about $36 bucks for the thundershirt and in my opinion it has already
paid me back in full, not to mention the fact that it makes Cooper a more
relaxed and happy dog, which is priceless.