[Dailydrool] doggy doors

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 17:45:36 PDT 2010

To Magarget Honnold:  re: doggy doors

We recently built a new house, and we had the dog door built right
into the wall.  You can buy "double-flap" dog doors; they have two
flaps, one for the outside of the wall, and one for the inside of the
wall, and a frame or brace that holds them together, that sits in the
wall opening.  The door itself is $100 or more - we got the X-Large,
and it's plenty big for even Bozlee who has very wide shoulders.

Here are links to a couple of pics of the dog door, both during
construction and afterwards:  :)

http://www.dropshots.com/menziec#albums/Construction/2009-12-15/20:08:56
http://www.dropshots.com/menziec#albums/Construction/2009-12-15/20:08:37

Oh, one change we would make, if we were to re-do it.  You will see
that it is positioned at a height to sit above the baseboards.  Well,
that made it a bit too high for our short-legged friends,
necessitating its very own ramp.  So I would suggest framing it to sit
level with, or just an inch above, the floor itself.
--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!