[Dailydrool] doggy doors

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sat Jun 12 23:35:03 PDT 2010

I did the x-tra large, through the wall, double flap system for the gang as well.  Because I have the short leggers plus one long legger I needed something that was taller.  It also has solid plastic doors that I can put on both sides as well if I want to close it off.  I thought about the one where they wear the activator on the collar but opted against it because I worried it could set off a seizure in Tucker (ATB).  (Sometimes the simplest things could cause a seizure)  Now that I am foster I am glad that I opted for the flaps with skittish little Isabelle.  I also worried about what would happen if I forgot to change batteries or the electricity went out.  Luckily it doesn't get really cold here.

Because the kitchen door leads out to covered porch and their ramp I set mine under the window right next to the door.  The frame of the dog door sets about a 1/2" off the floor and works perfect for all heights.  I have even been known to crawl in it when I have locked myself out of the house.  I have had the door a little over 2 years and it is going strong.  Luckily I have never had an unwanted critter or human in the house.  That was my biggest fear when I put it in.  Of course with 6 bassets and a husky waiting nearby I would not want to be a critter coming in.

I hope when the day comes for me to decide to sell my house that the buyers have dogs.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang