[Dailydrool] Bassets on EBay

Adelaide Dawes addydawes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 20:20:34 PDT 2010

Apparently, EBay are getting the listings from PetFinder... legitimately,
and supposedly to promote adoption. Here is the email I got from PetFinder
telling us all how wonderful the extra exposure was going to be!

Dear Petfinder.com Members,

Starting last summer, we gave you the option of sending your adoptable
pets to an additional 3.2 million potential adopters through our
relationship with Kijiji, the free local classifieds. This is just one
of many partners whose relationship allows us to increase the exposure
for your pets.

Last month, Kijiji classifieds became the Ebay classifieds which we
continue to populate with adoptable pet data. We realize that many
classified users intend to purchase an animal – and so inquiries from
Ebay may be a bit different from that of the adopters you get directly
from Petfinder. But what a great opportunity – it allows us to
interfere with the cycle of purpose-bred animals for sale - and get
people to think about adoption as the best option when adding a pet to
their family.

Many of you have noted pets you have removed from Petfinder continuing
to appear in the Ebay classifieds. Ebay is currently having difficulty
updating their feed, but once the system is working properly, pets
will be updated daily. Until then, you do have the choice to opt out,
by unchecking the box in your account to Allow Pet List Export To
Partner Sites. Of course unchecking this box will keep your pets from
showing up in all the additional pet searches Petfinder powers
(including Oodle.com and The Shelter Pet Project) – and I would
encourage you NOT to lose the opportunity to have MILLIONS more
potential adopters see your adoptable pets.

Thanks for all that you do - and let us know if we can do anything to help. --K

--
Addy Dawes
Secretary

Message: 16