[Dailydrool] rough night for Mr Pants

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 10:33:03 PDT 2010

We all slept in (except for daddy who went to work but he slept didn't even
know how many times I got up to go outside with Santana)
I have chicken and noodles cooking for pants dinner for the week.

Went outside to do poop patrol.  I haven't did it since Thursday because of
the heavy down pours and hail we had.  No rain today but the ground is
soaked, I was hyper vigilant for frogs wandering through our rainforest of a
backyard.  The grass needs desperately cut but its too wet.  Doing poop
patrol after rain has soaked the poop is not very fun!  ALERT! found a
couple poops with blood...not bright red but red and mucousy.  One was from
his poop this morning.  I made mental notes of where he squatted in the
dark.  Got out my specimen jar and put it in.

Called the vet.  He was due for a recheck this week for his eye anyway.  She
asked about the Rymadil thinking it could be the culprit.  I told her I only
gave it to him for 3 days because his eye pain was gone and he let me touch
it without cowering.  She then said it might be stress from the eye ordeal
for 4 weeks and to keep an eye on the poop and make him rest.  I said but
for him to shiver last night for 4 hours?  She just said you can bring him
in then, but she still thinks its stress from the eye.  I wouldn't think he
had a parasite but never know with all the water that came down.

We will go today at 3pm.  I am still taking the poop sample even though she
thinks it's not needed.

He stopped shaking this morning around 3am.  He slept better after that.  he
is resting right now and is eagerly awaiting the chickie that is boiling!
He also asked me for carrots this morning and I had to ignore him.

If some drool can be spared!  Has anyone saw stress causing bloody stools?
Santana is the least stressed basset I know!

--
Anitra | Momma To the Hounds |
Santana Mr Pants & Lilly Belle Rose

"My family is not confined to mother, mate, and child; but it includes all
creatures be they tame or wild; my family upon this earth includes all
living things, on land, or in the ocean deep, or borne aloft on wings.~
Alicia S. Carpenter"