[Dailydrool] Cysts

Sue Spataro sue at pinksunrise.com
Mon Jun 14 13:05:12 PDT 2010

Hi John,

Our Emma, who is 11 1/2, has always had cysts; probably since she was 4 or so.

Over the years they have remained stable (no bursting) and haven't bothered her. There is one that is on her side and it looked like it was getting larger so I asked my vet to aspirate it (put a needle in it attached to a syringe) to see if any fluid would come out. I was worried the cyst might be cancerous. She was about 10 at the time. So, using a local anesthetic he drew a bit of fluid but the cyst still remained, but wasn't cancerous. We decided not to surgically remove it as it wasn't bothering Emma : ).

All in all, over the years, we have opted to leave the cysts alone as they didn't bother Emma. She's still going strong, moving on to her 12th b-day : )!

Good luck with your Bailey Girl : ).

Hope this helps and take care,

Sue : )

Sue Spataro