[Dailydrool] Dogs in hot cars

Violet Osborne imvi at comcast.net
Mon Jun 14 11:50:56 PDT 2010

About five years ago I stopped at a store and right next to me was a
car with a medium dog inside.  The windows were down about 3 or 4
inches.  I decided to sit in my car and wait for the person to come out.
In fact, I put my windows down 3 or 4 inches and closed the door.  I
wanted to prove to the person it gets hot inside.  I sat in my car for
about 5 minutes, (thank God I didn't drop over dead from the
heat...LOL) but waited for 20+ minutes for the person to come out.
The car was there before I got to the store.   I confronted the man
and told him how long the dog was in the car and how hot it got.   The
man was angry and said he was only in the store for 5 minutes and the
dog was alright.  As he was getting into his car, I told him I was
there waiting for him over 20 minutes.  He just slammed the door and
drove away.   I am hoping he thought about what I said and never did
it again.  Who knows, but I did what I thought was right.  My husband
however, who was a retired State Trooper, nearly had another stroke
finding out I approached a man all by myself.   LOL

~~Vi~~mom to Roscoe, Chloe, Patches, Gidget & Buster