[Dailydrool] keeping dogs cool

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Mon Jun 14 12:12:18 PDT 2010

Ruby Doo the husky and Empress Supreme gets a haircut every late spring before it gets
hot. (Believe me it gets really hot in Northern CA.)  I don't shave her but she only has about
3" of hair left so she doesn't sunburn.  I would say that it helps except my girl usually stays
under the AC and fans (with all the rest of the gang) except to go out potty when it is really hot.

Of course post haircut she is always a very happy girl!  Then there is the added benefit of a
little less hair on everything from her blowing her coat and she is a little easier to bathe.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang