[Dailydrool] keeping dogs cool by shaving them

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Mon Jun 14 15:28:19 PDT 2010

We are so very sorry to hear that sweet Oscar made his journey to the
bridge.  Please take comfort in the fact that he is now young and healthy
once again and playing with Pelusa. May he live forever in the magic of your
memories.

Waves of get well drool for Pw Miss Pauline, we are praying and drooling
that you get better soon.

Drool for Santana we hope that your yucky poop is nothing major.  Anitra,
stress can do a lot of weird things to human or hound.  It could also be
something that he ate that upset his tummy.  It is defiantely something to
keep an eye one.

Bev, From all that I have read and from my vet tech days...shaving the dog
does help it to stay cooler...but it also puts it at a risk of sunburn and
therefore melanoma. So if you shave the dog you need to put sun screen on
them if they are going to be outside for any length of time. You also need
to use sun screen if the dog has thin fur and any skin shows through.

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt & Ruger
Droopy, Snoopy, BoSarah, Princess, Shadow, Comanche, Storm & Wolfgang -My
ATB pack.  "We will welcome  Oscar with open paws and snooter kisses."