[Dailydrool] Please vote for us -

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 16:14:24 PDT 2010

Thanks for all the efforts in trying to help the basset rescues earn some much needed money.  Someone suggested that each of us tell a little about our rescue so here goes...we are a small rescue that pulls all of the bassets in the 3 southern counties in Florida, Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach.  There is a huge pet over population down here so the Miami animal control is seriously over crowded.  They are taking in over 200 dogs and cats each day during the summer and most of them don't make it out alive.  We pull any basset in need from these 3 shelters no matter the age or health situation.  I keep all of the fosters here with me excepting for one girl who has been with us for almost 3 years - she is in a foster home.  Georgette has a very rare disease and her medication runs us $50.00 a month but we committed to her till the end and she's very much loved by her foster dad.  The numbers here at my house run from 6 fosters at a minimum to 13 at the
 worst.  When I decided to centralize the fosters into my house, it pretty much eliminated any time I had to fundraise so I pretty much pay for most of their needs out of my pocket with some supplementing from adoption donations.  I am able to take care of their basic needs but there is never enough money to do the extras, like dentals,  I would like.  $1000.00 would mean a lot to our rescue.  So please vote, vote and vote again and spread the word too.

I think this is the link
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3
Pam Farris  Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.  www.BassetRescueFlorida.com