[Dailydrool] Raw Foods

Melissa Ruthenbeck-Chiaramonte mruthenbeckchiaramonte at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:41:20 PDT 2010

Hi Rosemary,

We feed a variety of foods. We feed some lean meats like chicken, turkey,
tuna and lean beef and we also incorporate fatty meats like higher fat beef
and pork. We also work in some organ meats. For grains we use rice, oats,
pasta, barley, potatoes etc. We feed fresh and cooked veggies and also some
eggs, yogurt etc. We use oil (safflower) for essential fatty acids and we
use BalanceIt supplement for homecooked diets. We have been considering
trying a recipe for supplements in one of my books that I highly recommend
if you are considering home feeding - Dr. Pitcairn's Complete Guide to
Natural Health for Dogs and Cats. I have heard that variety is very
important when home feeding and unlike with kibble my dogs don't have any
tummy troubles switching from one homecooked food to the next. They eat
similar to how we do. Another place to get recipes is BalanceIt.com, the
place that sells the supplements. You can put in your carb and protein and
it will create recipes for you. The recipes and supplements are made by
veterinary nutritionists and I've seen them recommended by many vets,
including my own. If anyone has tried Dr. Pitcairn's supplement or has a
recommendation for another I would be open to suggestions.

Melissa, Tabasco, Dharma and Shelby (ATB)