[Dailydrool] Good news for once

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Jun 16 08:46:30 PDT 2010

I have no internet connection at home at the moment, so sorry this is a few days late.

Last weekend, my youngest daughter and I took Rolph and Clara to a basset weekend in Birmingham.

The reactions when people see Rolph, largely fall into three categories: 1) I haven't seen one of those for many years/ever before. 2) What is he crossed with? and 3) He is an abonimation who should have been drowned at birth (not many of these, thankfully).

However,  you can imagine how delighted I was when he won the Best Rescue Dog and was awarded a beautiful silver cup to keep for a year.
I was especially touched that a show judge would risk critisism by choosing a long-haired dog.

As a winner, he then went forward to the Hound Of The Day competition. Words will never describe how I felt when he also won that section, walking away with a Best in Show rosette and silver platter to keep for ever.

If I ever get my internet provider to provide my internet service again, I will show you all pictures.

Sending drool to all who need it.

Sally with Rolph and Clara (who came fourth in Best Rescue Bitch), UK