[Dailydrool] This and that

Bill billa_1 at msn.com
Wed Jun 16 10:58:27 PDT 2010

First of all, drool to Maggie and Betsy, hang in there Girls, Drool works!
So many of our wonderful friends have taken their next journey.  We have tried to keep up, but most likely we have missed a few.  We keep everyone here in our prayers every day , asking for comfort to us who are still here and safe journeys to those who have left.

On a happier note, the High Country Basset Rescue had their Northern Colorado annual picnic last Saturday.  Around 30 or 40 of us braved the rain and hail to celebrate our Bassets.  It was around 50 degrees in temperature, but the warm glow of shared interests, along with the odor of about 50 wet Bassets saved the day.

My Siobhan is the undisputed champion in the Mike Bone Eating contest.  She devoured half of one I was holding before the others had even received theirs.  I got a different one and the contest started.  10 seconds in, Siobhan's was gone.  20 seconds, she had finished the leftovers of the Basset next to us.  30 seconds, the next leftover was gone!  She would have continued but I was able to finally restrain her.  Siobhan now has a beautiful blue ribbon with a gold star on it.
There was no "tricks" contest.  Janie Anne would have won that one.  Instead, she continually impressed everyone with her climbing abilities and her "sitting ups".
We can't wait for next year.

Like most everybody we have been voting everyday, good luck Florida Basset Rescue.
Also, thanks to Jackie for bringing the Modern Dog contest to everyone's attention.  We found it late last year and helped vote in Beau, a Basset puppy in January.
Drool , woofs and hugs to all.
Siobhan-- I am the champ
Janie Anne--wait till next year
and Bill