[Dailydrool] Megan ATB 6/16/10

Carolsd21 carolsd21 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 13:14:37 PDT 2010

Megan, is now ATB, I helped her on her journey this AM 6/16/10. She was 16. I adopted Megan when she was 12 yrs old. She was a trooper, her nick name was the energizer bunny. No matter what health issues she encountered, she kept going. She had both eyes removed because of glacoma, lost the rest of her hearing shortly after this. Pancreatitis, back legs became weak, so she dragged herself most of the time, she rallied through this, but the loss of bowel and bladder control and her front legs growing weaker everyday, she lost the fight, she still ate though as long as it smelled good and it wasn't dog food or chicken, rice and veggie. She loved pizza, ground round 7% fat only, corn dogs and mustard dogs, oh yeah and that New York steak, this was her diet for the last month or so, she didnt complain. I carried her when she wanted to move, a bath every other day , baby powder to help with dampness because of her bladder control loss and lots of paper
 towels. she may not have had her sight and hearing, but I knew when she wanted something. She loved rubbing her head and face on my leg and laying her head on my foot when she went to sleep, so I moved her bed next to me, she was content even to the end. I will always remember the little girl I adopted after she was rescued from the Big Bear shelter after she was found by a neighbor of the rotten people who left her behind in the back yard when they moved during a winter snow storm.

facebook.com/ownedbybassets.

Carol and her hounds