[Dailydrool] Bunnies & Cats, and Mr Magoo AKA Morse

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 19 01:42:07 PDT 2010

Bunnies, what bunnies?   Just talking of bunnies on the DD reminded me that Pumbaa ATB saw a bunny once on the other side of the hedge and just ran straight through it, emerging with all cuts on his face, but furious that the bunny  had escaped!  Morse is a different kettle of fish entirely.  Whilst lying in the long grass with snooter high in the air, no doubt sniffing for delectable cat turds, a bunny came scurrying out from the hedge, saw Morse and leapt straight over him.  Morse missed the entire thing, remaining happily oblivious.  We walk into a field and about 20 bunnies start running and jumping for cover.  No need.  Morse never sees them, the original Mr Magoo of basset hounds.
We visited a friend of ours this week who has lots of cats and 3 dogs. Whilst chatting on her driveway, Morse lay down and I could see his tail thumping, and looked under Helen's car to see Perkins, their black cat, watching Morse.  Gradually Perkins came out and they stared at each other, Morse very keen to say hello and Perkins unsure.  Finally Perkins sidled up to us all and walked straight up to Morse who was delirious with joy.  What did Morse do?  Looked nervously around him and then planted a big SLURP right on Perkins face (who hurriedly started washing).

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB