[Dailydrool] Food agression and basset hound attack article

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 19:08:50 PDT 2010

Rambo, is really REALLY REALLY loves food. When we got him he acted -and still acts- like no ever fed him. So he would charge at Speedy's bowl even though I took care to seperate them. At first I used the water bowl to spray him and deter the charging to the food bowl. Then I went to basic obendience where we learned the sit and stay command. It has been a God send. We now stay until Speedy starts eating and only go to the food bowl once I release him with OK and a touch. Your voice and energy has a lot to do with it so be firm. You are boss (well at least when food is being brought out)

I had the story yesterday about a dog that was attacked by the pits and her going to get her gun. I DID NOT know it was a basset hound. That is the exact reason we only walked 4 houses down and with a whip. I'm soooo glad to be out of there.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo