[Dailydrool] Basset Love & flea control

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Mon Jun 21 09:50:48 PDT 2010

Karen is right...The love of my hounds is priceless...No matter what I
spend on them it could never compare to the love that they give me.
It's funny because as my life has evolved, I have ended up with better
paying jobs, and with better paying jobs I will spend more money on the
hounds to buy them a better quality of everything. (toys, beds, food,
treats etc).  I never skimped on their health care...the best vet in the
30 mile radius no matter what my pay! (and where we live at now there
are a lot) I would cut back in other areas to make sure the vet was
paid. (and the power for AC in the summer, can't have hot
hounds...especially when I had the seniors). But I will still skimp on
myself. How can you not love those big, squishy, love monsters?

Healing drool to the L.A. hound that was attacked by the pit-bull...How
horrible! I would hate to have to shoot another dog, but I would if it
was to protect my boys. I would defiantly need counseling after that
incident, not that I don't need it as it is but that is a different
story.  LOL

I don't know if you realized it or not but there was several of those
Chevy dealership commercials with Henry the basset hound in them. TOO
CUTE!!!

Happy Belated Birthday Willie!!! We know that your momma will make up
for her forgetting your birthday. Maybe some

Julie, My vet switched the boys off of frontline a long time ago.
Apparently
the critters start to get immune to it or build up a tolerance to the
flea preventatives. This happens every 4 or 5 years.  We went from
Frontline to Advantix, and now on Comformitis.  We have never had a flea
problem but then our vet starts to switch all of his clients as soon as
he notices one of the preventatives are not working.
Hope that helps.

We are happy to hear that Shelby is doing well...Hopefully she will
totally get the hang of using "the Force" to get around.

Belly rubs to all the hounds and pets to the kitties too.