[Dailydrool] Are Bassets Expensive?

MARY AIELLO k93luvdogs at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 14:10:24 PDT 2010

Having read the recent drools on this subject made us just laugh. My first basset,Cleo the Flopper,decided to get into a little friendly fight with her new brother & sister. Well that cost me over $3,000 at the emergency hospital to fix her torn ears & snout. She refused to take any medications just from your hand. It had to be mixed with good baloney or liverwurst. When she left for the bridge we adopted Peter Riley aka Ragin' Cajun. We spent a few hundred for his transport & adoption from a rescue. We bless that money,but it was he has done & the cost that bring a chuckle to our lives. I can be making a sandwich when he jumps up on my right to steal food. I scold him & turn back to resume sandwich making. Lo & behold he jumps up on my left & successfully steals whatever I am using for a sandwich. He is a good counter surfer. Just prior to this he stole a big block of muenster cheese. I shudder to add up what he has cost us but all in all he is worth it & so was Cleo the Flopper. We love our furends & will continue to treat them royally.     Peter Riley speaking:aw Ma,I was only doing you a favor by stealing food. Aren't you & Dad on diets? Love to  all. Enjoy the summer! The slaves & Peter Riley aka Ragin' Cajun                baseball season is here-let's go Yankees!