[Dailydrool] The spectrum of life and death

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 16:07:07 PDT 2010

I really enjoyed the website for Pauline.  I'm so sorry to hear of her passing.  :(  She was so beautiful.

Today owners who put their basset Maggie to sleep last a few weeks ago from lymphoma got a puppy.  Unfortunately they got it from the local pet store that sells puppy mill pups but I can't really say that to them.  Plus I think she is a Bagel which they asked me about.  But oh my god was she not the cutest little girl!  Luckily there weren't many appointments today so I spent way too much time holding her and kissing her and rubbing her fat little belly - which then made her fart!  But on a better note they were interested in adopting a basset too!  So I gave them the information for the Basset Freedom Fest that is only 15 mins away this weekend :)  So I hope they will find a nice little friend for Lola.

Sadly the day ended with one of the technicians putting her pit bull, Levi to sleep.  There was a shelter near by that would adopt dogs to people who worked in animal hospitals for $10.  So literally 1 hour before he was scheduled to be euthanized two girls from the hospital adopted him and brought him to Kristy.  She fell in love with him.  Within a year he had lepto and was at the emergency hospital again on deaths door.  But again he narrowly missed death.  Last year a lump appeared and one of the doctors removed it but didn't biopsy it.  Turns out it was hemagiosarcoma which grows back easily.  The second time it was removed and biopsied and he went for chemo.  He was responding very well but then... it didn't help.  They changed drugs again and again and nothing helped.  He seemed fine but the mass got bigger and bigger. By today it was nearly the size of his body, open, oozing and his gums were pale and his face thin.  It was so sad that only 7
 years old after beating death twice that he couldn't again.

If you have a spare card I think Kristy would really appreciate it:
Kristy Theurer
VCA Knightswood Animal Hospital
12121 Knights Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19154