[Dailydrool] guns and dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 13:18:43 PDT 2010

Try living in Cook County!! Talk about anti=gun! Even if someone breaks into
your home you are not supposed to shoot them but are supposed to try to get
away. It is called a Castle Law and Cook County does NOT have one. If you
shoot someone who breaks into your home and has a gun and says he is going
to kill you, you can be arrested for shooting him.
The powers that be do not seem to understand that the problem is the bad
guys, not the good guys. If I had to shoot a dog to get it off my own, you
can bet I would.
But probably the place where the woman lived has similar laws to Cook County
and/or laws about discharging a firearm within the city limits and/or she
may have been charged with destruction of property or whatever the law is
about shooting dogs. It may be that she will get the gun back when the
investigation is complete if it was legally registered, or she may not.

I am very excited because tomorrow I am going downtown (all by myself on the
train!) to meet Synthia Ross and have lunch with her!! Just for this
occasion I have sprouted a huge zit on my chin. Sixty-four years old and I
have a zit! Perfect timing. (It is from snarfing cashews. Every time I eat
them in excess-- and is there any other way?-- I get a zit.)

Conley wants very badly to go with me but I think I might have trouble
convincing people that he is a service dog. His only skill is pickingup
dropped bits of food so people don't slip on it or get roaches. Somehow I
think the place we are going might not buy that. (He could also clear
tables, but.... I don't know....)