[Dailydrool] Ruby Roo, boss of the weetweevers

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 16:37:39 PDT 2010

The post from Ruby Roo, boss of the weetweevers, made me laugh. Last year my "secret pawtner" was Cathi Cox. Among her family members she listed bassets, kitties, and a weetweever. When I went out looking for treats for the critters, I got dog biscuits, kitty grass, and began looking at different types of bird seeds. I was not sure how big a "weetweever" might be, so didn't know whether to look at parrot food or canary food. I assumed that a "weetweever" was probably some sort of songbird which wove its nest out of grain stalks, maybe a bird indiginous to Iowa or Kansas--you know, a "wheat-weaver". I had a good laugh when I consulted Cathi and discovered that weetweevers were large dogs that came in varieties such as "Golden", "Labrador", "Chesapeake bay" (you get the idea).  Val