[Dailydrool] Bev, Marlene, and the vet expense article

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 20:45:07 PDT 2010

We are sending the most get power to Bev's house drool we can muster. Which right now is quite a bit because Speedy is still groggy from the dental  and is drooling like mad. Rambo has been a nervous wreck since Speedy is not with him and is also drooling. The stories of Nigel, Llewis, Cnly, and Mr. Cooper sir always cheer me up.

Marlene, I love the fact that you told your neighbor off! I was practically rolling with laughter.  I wish I had your ****s to go up to dumb people like that.  We used to have a clinic across our old house and they would light fireworks even though it is illegal in LA and even though it was a clinic. I never figured that one out. Speedy doesn't get frightened by fireworks but Ted was an absolute mess when New Year's and Independence Day rolled around.

Today I got why they say that basset is on the expensive vet list.  We headed out early this morning to the vet - a now 45 mile distance. Both are due for comprehensive only Speedy for the dental. So I saved myself some moolah by staying the day in the area. Because of this $7 for lunch cost. Last Sunday, Rambo had irrated Speedy and Speedy had cut a huge gash on Rambo's lower left side. $21.99 for shave, $14.80 for 3 staples, $35.00 for antibotics. I also need heartworm and flea pretentive. $110 for revolution. Total bill $185. The vet tech even said how easy it was for me to say yes. She said she has to convince people most of the time when their pets really need medication that were in lot worst shape then my two and here I am saying ok with a suggestion. I told her I knew of the cut and just didn't want to run the risk of an infection. I'm also including in Speedy's bill and not Rambo because Speedy was the one that cut him.

In the end, it was as the mastercard commerical would say PRICELESS. The vet said both were in excellent health. He said for a Shar Pei Rambo was extremelly health. Speedy, for his age he was also very well. Only thing he had to say was that Speedy is starting to get a yeast infection in one of his ears.  I guess I have to be more delligent about using the Blue Ear Powder.

Nancy happy momslabe to very health doggies
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo