[Dailydrool] meds for aggressiveness?

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 19:39:48 PDT 2010

Does anyone know if there is a medication to calm  down aggressiveness?
Dottie is at it again, Scooby our black lab, can be laying  in the middle of
the living room floor minding her own business, and Dottie will  pick her head
up of the chair in which she is very comfortable, and bark at her,  and
Scooby gets up and moves to another room.
Now outside, we are sitting at the table, no food  involved, Scooby at one
end of the patio, and Dottie at the other, all of a  sudden Dottie jumps up
and runs after Scooby to attack her.  I am lucky to  grab Dottie's tail to
pull her back, the other day I could only grab her ear,  luckily Scooby runs
from her, but this last time, Dottie grabbed at Scooby's  shoulder, and she
turned around to defend herself.  What in the world is  going on?  Scooby is
no threat to Dottie, she is always on guard now. Then  one minute later,
they are running together, and barking at the chipmunks. Does  she have some
kind of brain disorder? Just out of the blue she does this.   She doesn't do
it to people, or our other basset Honey, 10 yrs. old. thank  goodness. But
she sure hates the neighbor dogs on both sides of us, one is big,  and the
other side are 2 little ones.  Help?  There must be something  to do, having a
therapist come over etc. definitely doesn't fit in my  budget.  I heard
Prozac helps, but can make them aggressive towards other  dogs then too?????
Sure don't need that against our other basset. I am  very sad about this, and
very concerned.
Help??????????  thanks so much, concerned  Barbie

In a message dated 6/24/2010 5:22:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time,