[Dailydrool] Weather, squirrels and stupid people...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 10:30:11 PDT 2010

 My thoughts and prayers are with all those experiencing unseasonable, crazy and just plain hideous weather.  Thanks, Elwood for letting us know that Momperson and her crew are without power.  We lost ours recently for a little over 24 hours and thank dawg it wasn't hot or humid then!  Our crew is sending lots of "quickly restore power" drool your way.  Even with a temperate change in our weather here in NJ it's far from pleasant.  I am very grateful we're not in a tornado area and have been spared golf ball-sized hail.  Thinking "be safe" thoughts for those who are, however.

Marlene - I admire you for telling your nincompoop neighbor off.  Why is it that until it affects THEM, some people just don't get it?  Fireworks are illegal inside of most city limits for a reason.  They are noisy, scare kids and animals and are dangerous.  Being a paramedic I frequently see the results of stupidity, especially in the summertime.  You'd be amazed at how many people think nothing of trying to unclog a grass discharge on a lawnmower with their hands...duh!  The brown truck misses more stops than you think...

I belly-laughed at Colt and Ruger's Squirrelistan stories...they (squirrels) ARE tenacious little buggers.  A friend on another board had a couple of them that took a liking to her patio furniture seat pads and chewed the heck out of them.  She was not happy.  Sounds like the boys have things under control in your yard, though, LOL.

Thinking of all those whose houndies are sick, have traveled or are facing a trip to the Bridge.  Heart healing drool is headed your way.

A huge thank you to those of you who open your home to foster hounds.  You are doing a good thing...

A Drooler asked how people could do some of the hideous things which are done to animals.  The only thing I can come up with is there is real evil in their hearts.  A loving person could simply NOT do this...Those that do are sick, sick human beings and my belief is that one day they will answer to a much higher power for doing so and get exactly what they deserve...

I've been voting faithfully for each week's rescue.  If YOU haven't voted yet today, Golden Gate Basset Rescue needs your vote!

Hugs and snooters and drool to all who need it.

Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ 4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley