[Dailydrool] how do i get gus into a bath?

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 21:17:40 PDT 2010

My steps to giving a bath in the tub.
1. Change into old clothes
2. Cover floor in old towels
3. Place clean towels on commode lid
4. Place large rubber mat in bathtub
5.  Get my rapid bath all ready, set water temp turn rapid bath to off.
6.  Sit down and rest

Now for the fun part!

7. Give bath kid a cookie
8. Block all exits.
9. Put leash on basset- victim gets excited until they see the bathroom door
10.  Victim goes flat basset and now weighs 1000 lbs
11 Try lifting front of basset back goes down, lift back of basset (front goes down)
12 Pick 1000 lb basset up. (OH NO what was that pop?) Take victim to bathroom.
13.  Place basset in tub. Basset Jumps out.  (Repeat as necessary)
14 Chase victim through house, out the dog door, around the yard.  Repeat chase.
Repeat steps 11-14 as necessary

Give basset a bath....Unless you have already given up.  Dry victim off.  Clean bathroom.
Take a shower.  Call doc to make slave appt.  Have a strong drink or glass of wine to help
dull pain in back.  Toss and turn all night.  D*mn this hurts!

The next day....Go to the doc, have x-rays taken.  Doc tells you rest for the next week.
You laugh because we know there is know rest with bassets. (Worse if you have OEBEs, PWs
or Divas)  Go to pharmacy and pick up meds.  RX says take one...you take 2.

Weeks later....Get the bill from the Doctor and radiology.  Decide that next time you are
going to a groomer.

Groomer's fee placed on MasterCard.....PRICELESS

Droolz to all in need.
Karen and The Dog House Gang