[Dailydrool] fun and funny? in mexico

nancy cohen.nancy at verizon.net
Sun Jun 27 17:57:10 PDT 2010

we had the good fortune to spend a week in puerto vallarta mexico.
while there i had a grand opportunity to snorkel with sea lions.  i
always thought they reminded me of bassets, the neck, the body, the
funny legs......well i was right.  this 9 yo sea lion was free in the
bay with us, but he was tethered to a long leash.  he followed commands
in english and spanish.  he jumped in the water, and gave me a hug and a
kiss, and he has whiskers like einstein.  he was asked to sing, and he
put his head in the air like a basset ready to howl and he roared!, he
smiled and he stuck out his tongue on command.  he understood roll over
for a belly rub, and i rubbed his belly, and then he let me grab his
harness and he gave me a ride.      when it was time to leave, he
understood the up command and jumped into the boat looking very much
like einstein jumping on the bed, and he went into his cage.  he felt
like a wet dog, but smelled like a cat.  if you are a facebook friend,
check out my pictures!!  ok, that was the fun, the other is funny and
sad too.....we were watching mexican tv and a dog show was on.  they
were grooming a little pug, and after drying him, they used a black
spray on his graying muzzle and ears to make him look "
younger?"......marty and i were both appalled by this!......not sure if
this practice has made it here in the states, but i felt sorry for the
dog and his indignity.......nancy, and hershey and einstein who are all
glad to be home.