[Dailydrool] Bathing Bassets

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Mon Jun 28 05:18:11 PDT 2010

All three of my bassets LOVE bath time.  It is the nail trimming department
where we have major problems.  I have tried all of the suggestions I have
seen on the Drool to no avail.  Flo and Gabe act like we are trying to saw
their legs off and the most we are usually able to accomplish is one or two
feet at a time – so all of their nails are never at the same point.  We have
trimmed their nails since they were we little babies, but as they have
gotten older they writhe around gnashing their teeth like a couple of
maniacs. L  I have given up and just let the vet do it.  I realize she
didn’t spend years in vet school to trim toe nails, but she offers the
service and they give her no problem at all.