[Dailydrool] Bath time

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Mon Jun 28 07:20:17 PDT 2010

Bath time has become much more fun here in the last year or two. After
initial avoidance maneuvers when he was younger, Otis will now jump
into the tub of his own accord when I ask him to follow me to the
bathroom. He is the essence of gentle and quiet all during bath, but
will never SIT in the water. When we are done, I ask him to "give me a
shake," then I help him climb out and then towel him down. This is the
signal to let loose, and he races up and down the hall and all around
the house.
Nelly now follows Otis's lead. She looks for treats, and gets one
sometimes (intermittent reinforcement is right!), but is now jumping
in on her own too. Nice for aging backs! Nelly will even tolerate the
hair dryer/spa treatment, where Otis rejects all things motor.
We usually finish bathtime with Jack sitting on deck with dogs,
spending quality brushing time with them. They love it.
Drool to those who need it.
Linda, with Otis and Nelly