[Dailydrool] Johnny, Trooper, stinky yards

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 17:53:23 PDT 2010

The Houndettes are in drool overdrive for Johnny, Trooper, Sandy and anyone
else who needs it and I'm sending many get well wishes for everyone too.

One of our neighbors complained about our back yard smelling last year. We
had our four Houndettes plus two foster hounds at the
time. Unfortunately, it's the urine that smells and there's no way to pick
that up! A friend told us to mix a couple teaspoons of dish soap with the
regular gold colored Listerine and water and spray the yard with it. The DH
bought a sprayer that attaches to the hose that most people would use to
spray their garden with and off he goes and sprays where the Houndettes do
most of their business. It actually helps a lot and is much cheaper than
using the products from the pet super stores. We tried those expensive
products first and didn't notice any difference at all. We're here in the
south and it's HOT so things do get a little stinky but I'm having a hard
time believing that you would have the same problem up north. Lets face it,
it doesn't take much to make some people complain about anything.

We're headed for NY to see family this week. Our daughter will be staying
with the Houndettes but we're taking our Suzy with us because she is
somewhat incontinent and there is no way that she'll be able to wait till
our friend can get here midday to let the hounds out while our daughter is
at work. This will be the first time since Suzy came to us at five months
old (she's three now) that she has been without her sisters so it should be
interesting. I'm not sure if she's going to be delighted to have us all to
herself for a few days or be down in the dumps without the rest of the
Houndettes. Actually, it'll be the first time that we've left everyone else
home! It's going to be a strange week!

Healing drool to all.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy, & Ginger