[Dailydrool] Sigh.....

Jim and Cassandra Vance jvance at stny.rr.com
Wed Mar 3 20:56:32 PST 2010

Well thank you for the Drool and helping me not get in my car and just drive, drive, drive to anywhere but here.

A long day at work today, typical march blues in upstate new york with dreary skies, snow now mixed with gobs of mud, a shoppe full of dogs that have mud and snow and mud and snow, (you get the kind of day I am having).  Spent most of the day cleaning up the floors, baskets and walls in the shoppe that were spattered with the snow/mud mixture.

Arrive home at 7:30 pm ish, open the door and KABAM - the smell of POOP, POOOP, POOOOOOOOP, and PEE, PEEEE, PEEEEEE.  Nothing spells welcome home more than these two wonderful odors greeting me at the door.

Of course we're out of paper towels (how I don't know as I am the Paper Towel Queen).  Jim and I are scrambling trying to dodge poop piles, pee, etc. while the 6 Bassets are running around crazy happy to see us while we are threatening to take them to the SPCA (our yelling of course makes them dance and run and howl even more).  We manage to somehow get the herd outside and find an almost empty roll of paper towels.  Have you ever tried to clean up poop and pee with only a few measley paper towels??  This job required a whole roll, if not multiple rolls.  I think we counted 6 piles of poop and even more puddles of pee.

Jim had darn near fainted from the fumes and as I was pushing the couch out of the way of several pee spots he is screaming STOP!  Of course when I pushed the couch it then dragged and smushed a pile of poop into the front of the couch!

After what seemed like an eternity of cleaning, and we have hardwood floors so do you know what gets in the cracks???  We let the herd back in.  You would at least think they would show some remorse?  Oh no, they just demanded their dinner!  Lord have mercy!  Why do I love these four legged pooop heads so much??

Cassandra (and I use a funnel to drink my whine, err, wine now)!